Snow in the forecast... Soup in the Crock Pot!
Something hearty and meaty. Besides, Smoked sausage was on sale for $1.50 this week.
So, potatoes, peppers, onions and corn, added to a pound of sliced smoked sausage and you have a hearty MEATY warming comforting soup. Perfect to have around for that first snow of the year... It's coming!
Sausage Veggie Chowder
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 Medium Orange Bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped, minced
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Pound Russet Potatoes, Sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Spice Powder
- Large Pinch Salt
- Several turns of a Pepper Grinder
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn, thawed and drained
- 1 Pound Smoked Sausage, sliced thin
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- This is a Crock Pot dish, set your Crock on HIGH for a 4-5 hour cook time or LOW for 8-10 Hours.
- In a large heavy bottomed Saute Pan, Heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute continuously for 5 minutes until onions have softened. Add the Peppers. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken stock into the Crock pot.
- Add the potatoes to the stock
- Once all of the vegetables have softened, move them to the crock pot
- Add the corn, Sausage, Seasonings, Milk and Cream Cheese to the crock pot, cover and leave alone for entire cook time.
- Just before serving, Stir to mix
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!
And of course this is also a terrific addition to me list of "52 Recipes for Soup, Chowder and Chili". (work in progress, but I have a bunch posted already)
And as always, if you like this recipe and think you might want to give it a try, pin this to your Pinterest Board and be sure to follow me on Pinterest if you want to see the rest of my 52 Ideas!